The hitlist shows page-by-page the items which have matched your search.
In addition to this, it also displays:
- The type of search.
- The information searched for.
- The total number of hits.
- A link to the previous result page (where appropriate).
- A link to the next result page (where appropriate).
- Page number links to go directly to a specific results page.
- A button to edit your search. This takes you back to the search form where you can modify and re-run your search.
- A button to allow filtering of the search (only displayed if your search retrieves more than a certain number of hits).
- Button(s) to select all or deselect all the records on the current results page.
- A button to display the selected items using one of a pre-determined list of citation formats.
- A button for each record in the hitlist to add the record to your shopping basket. When you click this button, the record is added to your shopping basket and the button changes to the button that removes it from the basket again.
- The Basket link at the top of the screen. This indicates how many items are currently in your shopping basket. When you click the link, the contents of your basket are displayed in a standard title hitlist, allowing you to place reservations for the items, display them in a citation list, etc.
In order to generate a list of citations, tick the boxes next to the hitlist items you wish to cite and then use the Show selected items button.